Thursday, August 12, 2010

LOVE...

Isn’t love ironic? I have not been in many relationships to write about love (or heartbroken) as an expert, but I do have a few things to share. No matter how bad and hellish the break up was, how frustrating the reason was… you don’t deal with it alone… both of you dealt with it in different ways but in the same level of pain. I knew this for sure now. So...Why do I still believe in love? Perhaps because I don’t want to look for excuses just to be alone. As simple as that.


For a girl who has been in such pain because of love, I’m not scared to try and savor every bit of it… It’s not being stubborn and finding excuses just to evade the sadness… It is believing that loving and being in love may shatter my heart and my life but I will always hold it in my own hand.

Having enjoyed the bliss of love… shattered by the pain it can give… It is not that I’m obliged to point out why the “everything” about love can’t be explained nor justified. Love is a complex entity indeed.If you are with someone, it does not follow that you will lose your own individuality. You are what you are and your partner won’t oblige you to deviate from the person you are, unless you let it. You grow with experiences with people and most of the things we learned in life are when we entered a relationship. We learned the basic values of our existence like trust, respect, sacrifice, humility and love. It is not losing your individuality but sharing it… A single person can’t be called an individual if he does not want to be alone and let another person take that loneliness.

I dreamed what most girls wish when I was little… It changes as I grew up and realize that life is not the same way I had it when I was young… If there’s any dream that I would want to happen… that would be sharing my dreams with someone and making what he dreams of come true. It is like building my future with him as he sees his future with me… It is human nature to share whatever they accomplish in life… and they always share it to that special person closest to their hearts… and that’s the real thing… and that’s what makes us feel better…It is so like a fairytale thing but it’s how I want to seize each day of my life… that is not to make my every dream “once upon a time”.

When you are in a relationship, you are always unsure of a lot of things.. but u will go for it… because that’s what you wanted and you know that it’s worth taking. Friends can never replace boyfriends/girlfriends. Being in a relationship can never replace friendship likewise… There are always things that our friends can share with us and there are memories with that someone we love our friends won’t be able to understand.

Relationships are there to bring out the best and maybe the worst in us. It would break us but we will learn from it. Truly, love is not a simple matter. It is about seeing an imperfect person perfectly. Love itself is a universal experience. Yet, every individual occurrence seems absolutely unique because it expresses itself differently. It is important to stand in love, but not fall into it. Isn’t love ironic?


No comments:

Post a Comment