Friday, July 16, 2010

OF DREAMS & AMBITIONS...

When I was a kid, I was rather ambitious and wanted to do so many things. My list of ambitions include to be a foreign language teacher, diplomat, translator, tourist guide (!) and even a stewardess(I LOLled hard at this). Because all these share a common thing -the need to master various languages which is among my keen interests. Plus, I get to travel a lot too. I was not inspired to become a doctor after seeing how hard it was for both of my parents to cope and how much they have to sacrifice for others. It was rather discouraging really. But I knew how much they wanted us to follow their footstep.

But then, one by one people around me succumb to death after suffering various diseases and I started to think how noble it is to be able to give the gift of life. The real eye-opener was my late grandmother who suffered laryngeal cancer passed away (al-Fatihah) when I was in Form 3. She was such an inspiration to me and she has molded me to be who I am today. And now she has gone forever. After visiting her grave every week, it took me a few years to recover from her loss.

Losing someone you love so dearly was not easy and that is a fact. Death is nature's master stroke, albeit a cruel one. But thank God, because of the series of unfortunate events, I have made up my mind that I want to do medicine and become a good doctor one day, Insha Allah.
Today, it feels surreal that I am now in my 4th year after all the ups and downs. My younger brother Halim is following my footstep (rather, our parents footstep) and he just started his Foundation in Sciences (Medicine/Pharm) in CUCMS too. May Allah ease our way to success (Aamiin!). There is no looking back now, no matter how tough it gets. After all, life is full of circumstances and hardships. What makes life beautiful is overcoming them. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment